Champion of Champion & Interclub Update
26 Feb 2016
Champion of Champions & Interclub Update:
experiencing a little bit of a logjam at this stage of the season with the
finishing of Interclub and the start of the Champion of Champions Events.
been caused by several factors regarding the Interclub Events:
1. The season start was pushed back one week at the request of the Clubs because of the Bowls NZ Nationals in Christchurch.
2. The first week of the new Interclub Post Xmas competitions was for the most part washed out.
3. The entries for certain competitions meant that we had to have divisions of 9 or 10 teams instead of the planned for 8 - we did not want any team to miss out or not to play a full round robin of games.
This has meant that several Clubs that had agreed to host Champion of Champion Events on certain dates found themselves in a position of having not to make their greens available for Champion of Champion events in favour of hosting Interclub.
We understand the above predicament - as frustrating as it is for the Centre in trying to arrange draws, greens and umpires.
However, for this season, it is what it is, lessons have been learnt - but we still have to find a solution for now.
The following decisions have been made:
1. The Interclub season can be extended - there is no great rush to get games played off by the 12th March Clubs can play later than this date by mutual agreement.
2. Some of the Champion of Champion Events scheduled for the Saturdays of the 5th and 12th March (the main clashes with Interclub) have been re-scheduled as necessary to the 19th & 20th March - see below.
3. The 19th & 20th are also dates for National Interclub - so any player compromised by the change in date (who are playing in the National Interclub) will receive special dispensation to play on another date
4. The Watson Shield play off will be on Champion of Champions Finals week end and played on Saturday 16th April 2016
The revised list of dates is shown below - we will still need greens for certain events - please contact the office if your green is available (note for singles - players need to provide markers and not the hosting Clubs).
Champion of Champions Events - Greens Required
Another 7 greens are required to run the above events - can you help?
|Men's Junior Singles||Saturday 19th March||1 Green required||8 Rinks|
|Women's Fours||Saturday 19th March||2 Greens required||8 Rinks|
|Men's Singles||Sunday 20th March||2 Greens required||8 Rinks|
|Women's Singles||Sunday 20th March||2 Greens required||8 Rinks|
These greens have been allocated - please check and confirm:
|Date||Green 1||Green 2|
|Men's Colts Singles||Sunday 28th February||Woolston Park||Redlcliffs Mt Pleasant|
|Women's 1st & 2nd Yr Singles||Sunday 28th February||Centre Green||N/A|
|Women's Junior Singles||Saturday 27th February||Centre Green||Redcliffs Mt Pleasant|
|Men's Pairs||Sunday 6th March||Morrison Ave||Woolston Park|
|Women's Pairs||Sunday 6th March||Beckenham||Bowls Hornby|
|Men's Triples||Sunday 13th March||Sumner||Woolston Park|
|Women's Triples||Sunday 13th March||Morrison Ave||Parklands|
|Men's Fours||Saturday 12 March||Centre Green||Bowls Hornby|
Events Rescheduled to the 19/20th March 2016
|Date||Green 1||Green 2|
|Men's Junior Singles||Saturday 19th March||Kaiapoi Club||none - see above|
|Women's Fours||Saturday 19th March||none - see above||none - see above|
|Men's Singles||Sunday 20th March||none - see above||none - see above|
|Women's Singles||Sunday 20th March||none - see above||none - see above|