National U'18 Coaching and Talent ID Camps
15 Oct 2015
Bowls NZ are holding four National Under 18 Coaching and Talent ID Camps for all aspiring young Bowlers.
City Dates Venue
Dunedin 13/12/15 - 14/12/15 North East Valley BC, 139 North Road, North East Valley, Dunedin 9001
Christchurch 15/12/15 - 16/12/14 Riccarton Racecourse BC, 171 Racecourse Road, Broomfield, Christchurch 8045
Wellington 17/12/15 - 18/12/15 Johnsonville Bowling Club, 34 Frankmoore Avenue, Johnsonville, Wellington 6440
Auckland 20/12/15 - 21/12/15 Mt Eden BC, 17 Stokes Road, Mt Eden, Auckland 1349
A maximum number of 24 and a minimum number of 12 participants will be registered for each camp. Please note there will be no late entries accepted into any camp. Eligibility for this event requires you to be aged 18 or under as at the 20th March 2016.
These camps are run on a user pays basis and you will be asked to pay a registration fee. This means you are responsible for making and paying for:
- Any travel arrangements to the host city and host club
- Any accommodation arrangements
- All meals (including your lunch at the club, snacks, water and other dietary requirements)
- There is a $60 registration fee payable in advance for the camp that you attend
Bowls New Zealand provides:
- Two full days training and development with Accredited Bowls NZ Coaches.
- At completion of each regional camp, the player will be linked up with coaches to assist with their ongoing development and have a personal report completed and sent to them.
- Quality coaching readying players for the National U'18 Singles Tournament in Christchurch, 25-26 March 2016
After the regional camps and other relevant Talent ID tournaments the National Selection panel will select a National Development Team (10 players) comprising of the following age groups:
- 4 x U'18 players - 2 x male & 2 x female, 4 x U'25 players - 2 x male & 2 x female, 2 Open age players - 1 x male & 1 x female.
This team, alongside the Blackjacks, will represent New Zealand at the 2016 Trans-Tasman series. The announcement of the final team will be made in January 2016 on completion of the Heartland Bank National Open Championships.
The Trans-Tasman test against Australia will be on the 2nd - 4th March 2016 in Christchurch.
To register for one of the camps click here for the application form and payment details.
To register please return the attached form completed in full and make the payment before the deadline date of Friday 27th November 2015.