Bowls New Zealand National U’18 Coaching and Talent ID Camps 2014
23 Oct 2014
Bowls New Zealand are holding four Under 18 Coaching and Talent ID Camps for all aspiring Bowlers. The dates for these camps are:
07/12/14 – 08/12/14
North East Valley Bowling Club, 139 North Road, North East Valley Dunedin
09/12/14 – 10/12/14
St Martins Bowling Club, 15 Clouston Street, St Martins, Christchurch 8062
11/12/14 – 12/12/14
Wilton Bowling Club, 122 Wilton Road, Wilton, Wellington 6012
17/12/14 – 18/12/14
Carlton Cornwall BC, 126 Market Road, Epsom, Auckland
A maximum number of 24 and a minimum number of 12 participants will be registered for each camp.
Please note there will be no late entries accepted into any camp.
Eligibility for this event requires you to be aged 18 or under as at the 20th March 2015.
These camps are run on a user pays basis and you will be asked to pay a registration fee. This means you are responsible for making and paying for:
· Any travel arrangements to the host city and host club
· Any accommodation arrangements
· All meals (including your lunch at the club, snacks, water and other dietary requirements)
· There is a $50 registration fee payable in advance for the camp that you attend
Bowls New Zealand provides:
· Two full days training and development with Accredited Bowls NZ Coaches.
· At completion of each regional camp, the player will be linked up with coaches to assist with their ongoing development.
After the regional camps and other relevant Talent ID tournaments the National Selection panel will select a National Development Team (10 players) comprising of the following age groups:
· 4 x U’18 players, 2 x male, 2 x female
· 4 x U’25 players, 2 x male, 2 x female
· 2 Open age players, 1 x male, 1 x female
This team alongside the Blackjacks will represent New Zealand at the 2015 Trans-Tasman series. The announcement of the final team will be made in January 2015 on completion of the Heartland Bank National Open Championships.
The two Trans-Tasman tests against Australia will be on the 18th-20th March 2015 in Christchurch.
So to register click here for the application form and payment details.
To register please return the attached form completed in full and make the payment before the deadline date of Friday 28th November 2014.