10 Jul 2014
· LiteClub is a completely free service, working to save sports clubs money on power so that they have more money for sport. It's funded predominantly by the government, and since launching in 2011 has visited 395 sports clubs around New Zealand, saving them more than $2.4 million over the lifetime of the installed products. For every $1 invested in LiteClub they have saved $2.60 for sport.
· The LiteClub team visits sports clubs to help improve their efficiency, saving them money for sport, improving conditions at the club and reducing their environmental impact. This involves installing energy efficient lighting, wrapping hot water cylinders and insulating piping, fitting water-saving devices to taps and toilets and setting up sorting-at-source bins to help reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill. These changes are easy to implement, but make a big difference!
· LiteClub is led by ten top sportspeople including Michael Campbell, Conrad Smith, Marina Erakovic, Sarah Walker, Moss Burmester, the Evers-Swindells, Brendon McCullum, Barbara Kendall and national surfing champion Daniel Kereopa. These sports ambassadors have made similar changes in their own lives and now compete against each other to see who can reduce their environmental impact the most. As community leaders, their actions work to inspire all New Zealanders to be environmental champions.
· LiteClub is visiting Canterbury this October, with plans to implement their free service in 20 clubs - and your club has been nominated!
· To take advantage of this offer, all you have to do is register online at http://liteclub.org/register-your-club and then LiteClub will be in touch to arrange a visit date.
Visit their website:http://liteclub.org/